Welcome!

Hi, I'm Abbey. I'm 21 and a student living in Leeds. I'm following the Slimming World diet and so far have lost 1 and a half stone since May! I'm using this blog to post recipes I enjoy, my weight losses, and my thoughts on dieting and all things student-y! If you can relate to this blog in any way, feel free to comment and follow :) The more the merrier! Enjoy :)

Friday, 12 July 2013

RECIPE: Chocolate Scan Bran Cake and Ferrero Rocher

I decided to bake to make myself useful! So I ended up making a batch of Ferrero Rocher and a Scan Bran Cake. Quite pleased with both, but mainly the Rochers!!

The Scan Bran Cake was 6 syns (not including hexb), or 10 syns if you want a Nutella topping.

The Ferrero Rochers were 1 syn each!

Chocolate Scan Bran Cake

Ingredients
5 Scan Bran slices
1 oz sweetener
1 oz cocoa
3 eggs
1 tbsp golden syrup
(Nutella if you want a topping)

Method
1. Pour just enough hot water over the Scan Bran until they start to melt, add golden syrup and then mix together and allow to cool.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients
3. Microwave on full power for 5 minutes

When it had cooled I spread a tbsp of Nutella over the top, just because I wanted a bit more of a chocolatey taste.




Ferrero Rocher

Ingredients
8 Ryvita slices (or Scan Bran)
4 tbsp Nutella
2 tbsp golden syrup

Method
1. Melt together the Nutella and golden syrup.
2. Reduce Ryvita / Scan Bran to crumbs (either using a food processor or put in a sandwich bag and crumble)
3. Mix everything together
4. Mould into small balls and refridgerate to cool

The whole mixture is 23 syns so I made 23 balls = 1 syn each :)

The Ferrero Rocher is beautiful! Theyre chocolatey and crunchy and you can pretend that its nuts ;)


(not my image)

No comments:

Post a Comment