Welcome!

Hi, I'm Abbey. I'm 21 and a student living in Leeds. I'm following the Slimming World diet and so far have lost 1 and a half stone since May! I'm using this blog to post recipes I enjoy, my weight losses, and my thoughts on dieting and all things student-y! If you can relate to this blog in any way, feel free to comment and follow :) The more the merrier! Enjoy :)

Saturday, 6 July 2013

RECIPE: Super Quorn / Beef Chilli

So, for my tea I've just made a Quorn Chilli which was completely FREE on Slimming World! It's one of my favourite recipes to make as it is 100% free, is quick and easy to prepare, and tastes amaaaazing!

I forgot to take a photo (oops) so I've just found an image on Google of what it should look like! I've written out my recipe which I've created for it, but don't worry, you can tweak and change it depending on how you like yours!


Quorn / Beef Chilli

Ingredients
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 415g tin of baked beans
Selection of veg (e.g. mushrooms, onions, peppers, carrots etc)
Garlic (crushed clove or powder / paste)
Paprika
Chilli
Mixed herbs
Extra lean beef mince OR Quorn mince

Method
1. Rinse and chop veg
(If using beef mince then cook now)
2. Add tin of chopped tomatoes and baked beans to a large pan
3. Turn to high heat until begins bubbling then turn low to simmer
4. Add chopped veg, garlic, paprika, chilli and mixed herbs
5. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add mince. Allow to simmer until it thickens to what you like (usually between 5 and 10 minutes)

Serve with rice, pasta, jacket potatoes, SW chips.. anything! :) Enjoy!


(Not my image)


No comments:

Post a Comment